Exception is currently looking for an Oracle DBA to join an existing project team in Central Glasgow.
The role requires a DBA with experience of working in an Automation environment.
- Configure, support and maintain the Oracle Database estate, Oracle Application Server and JBoss estate.
- Implement database changes as part of the normal software release cycle from Development through to Production.
- Develop and maintain documentation.
- Provide support and assistance to internal teams.
- Take responsibility for the security and safety of Database and Mid-tiers.
- Monitor the systems and assist in putting in place appropriate alerts and remedial action to prevent unscheduled downtime.
- Experience of installing, configuring and administering Oracle RDBMS across a range of versions up to and including 12c.
- Experience of installing and administering JBoss Enterprise Edition.
- Experience of installing, configuring and administering Oracle Application Server.
- Understanding of ITIL processes around Change Release, Change Management and Incident Management.
- Understanding of PL/SQL and Unix scripting.
Exception is an independent IT consulting and services company that helps customers transform digitally and realise the opportunities for better business outcomes. Headquartered in Edinburgh our customers are based throughout the UK and Europe. Our services include Digital Consulting, DevOps, Mobile and Web App Development, Cloud Migration, Change and Transformation, Technical and Agile Development Managed Service solutions and Emerging Technology services.