We are growing our core business capabilities as we drive to digitally enable organisation and support them through their transformation programmes. Helping organisations adapt and change in this ever-moving world of technology needs people who are enthusiastic, willing to encourage change and excited about the future.
What is our role?
Our DevOps Engineers need to be a leader in their field. Supporting both customers and internal projects through the full software development lifecycle while supporting our Head of DevOps deliver on the organisational strategy. Exception is investing massively in the future of software automation and we require smart, focussed individuals to support us on this journey. The role will involve working directly within customers’ projects helping them gain the benefit of DevOps culture and practices across the UK while supporting the development of our own business in the market.
Key Technologies & Skills
Technology evolves, and we evolve with it. However, there are a couple of basic core elements we want to ensure our staff have:
- SVN, GIT, GITlab, Microsoft TFS or some code management software
- Jenkins, GoCD, teamcity or some CI/CD experience
- Maven, Artifactory or Nexus for just good practice
- Ansible, terraform or understanding of configuration management
- Docker, RHEL, VMware or understanding of containerisation and VM management
- AWS or Azure experience or qualification
- Packer, Vagrant or package management experience or tools
- Shell, Python, ELK or other tools to support server management
Most important of all, we require passionate people. Passionate people who have a want to improve our customers profitability or time to market by building upon their in-house experience. This require people who can support business through:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based production systems, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains
- Architecture improvements through an As Code model, recommending process improvements where applicable
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products
- Ensuring critical system are secure through the use of best in class cloud security solutions
- Mongo or non-structure datastore management and operational support
- Wicked logging, monitoring, load balancing and queueing skillsets in tools such as ELK, HAProxy, Icinga, Graphite and RabbitMQ
Exception is an independent IT consulting and services company that helps customers transform digitally and realise the opportunities for better business outcomes. Headquartered in Edinburgh our customers are based throughout the UK and Europe. Our services include Digital Consulting, DevOps, Mobile and Web App Development, Cloud Migration, Change and Transformation, Technical and Agile Development Managed Service solutions and Emerging Technology services.